Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beach Week 2014

Last night of my vacation.
I am basically glued to the recliner surrounded by emails, books, and an ungodly amount of laundry.  I intended to fold it by now, and if its the thought that counts consider it done.
Two sets of sheets to fold from our beach vacation and you might as well tell me it comes with a complimentary punch in the throat.  Neatly folded sheets is not my forte.  Pillow cases I can handle.  But give me 80 sq ft of Egyptian cotton and I pretty much blackout.  Add the fitted sheet and it becomes a full blown nightmare that ends with me yelling obscenities and vowing to sleep on the couch indefinitely.
I am well aware of my limits...

Vacation was amazing.
7 days with the entire Parker crew,...the beach will never be the same.
We basically got up, drank as much coffee as possible, headed to the beach, stayed there all day, then came in for dinner and more family bonding.....repeat.  I did manage to sleep past 6am each day, which was awesome.  Payton and Haven stayed in my room, so every now and then I'd find myself in fetal position on the side of the bed with a 3 year old foot in my back.  I've never seen a 30lb human sprawl like that and dominate a queen sized bed...


I could honestly devote an entire post to each day of vacation.  The comments, laughs, and random I-can't-believe-I'm-related-to-them moments were priceless.  Here's a quick rundown of a few highlights...

* Sparkles blindly walks into a cement pole while shopping.  The only regret I have is that I didn't have my phone out to capture the moment.  I couldn't comfort her that we were laughing with her and not at her.  We were definitely laughing at her.

* Payton debuts her new single "Naughty [Aunt] Mena"....apparently my new theme song.  Out of all the adjectives, this one is...well...ironic.

* My blood-blister becomes a conversation starter with stranger.  Note to self - wear a damn band-aide.

* Related: 2 toenails fall off.

* Also related: Payton writes song #2 about my toenails falling off, and manages to reference her father throwing seashells at my face on our last beach trip.  Potential American Idol candidate.

* Dad's first attempt at speed scrabble resulted in the words "A" and "I".....nothing more to comment on that.  Pretty self-explanatory.

* Sparkles convinces me to tie "fairy hair" into her scalp.  I judge my myself....and her.

* Urban Dictionary is used more times than not during speed scrabble....generally resulting in me teaching my parents information they should never know or use in public. 


There are many more, I assure you.  And let me clarify my medical issues for a second...
I did not lift weights at all while at the beach....thus, I resorted to cardio.  I ran 5-6 miles Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday....and darn if hump day didn't kick me in the rear.  I returned that day feeling something on the back of my heel:...
Ummm yeah, slight blood blister.
About an hour later, my toenail comes off....and Thursday, another.  I will not show pictures of that because honestly it is gross.  Its happened before, and this is why I just like to lift heavy things and not run until body parts are dismantling.  When those toes hit the salt water I thought I was going to smack my momma.  It was horrible...
They are still hurting, and hopes of a pedicure anytime soon are pretty much shot down.  That, and no romantic foot massages....I will wear socks on every date....for the sake of all parties involved.

I will leave you with a few pics from the Parker vacation 2014...





















No comments:

Post a Comment