Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Unsanitary Naps

It would take approximately zero effort for me to fall asleep right now.  Wednesdays are long and I'm almost to the point of eliminating exercises I have to demonstrate on a mat.  I get down there and its a horrible tease.  Uhhh...just 2 minutes....
I already took one 15 minute snooze.  On the floor.  Music blaring.  I was out cold and could have stayed there for hours.
....Now I look back at all the naps I skipped in kindergarten and want to smack my former self with that ridiculous red and blue mat.  No telling what was growing on that thing.  Not that I care,....I slept on a gym floor.

 Its been one heck of a week thus far since I am slightly short staffed for a few days.  Perhaps its good timing because my vacation is coming up this Saturday.  Thank God. 
I will  be roughing it....and by "roughing it" I mean on a float, at the beach, unintentionally gathering sand in my swimsuit.
The entire Parker crew in one house....heck yes.
Mom is probably busy packing puzzles and some sort of craft to do while she's there.  It never fails that on every family trip she comes back with a souvenir she made...not sure her logic there, but it keeps her happy and entertained.  Meanwhile, dad is constantly reminding me to bring sheets and towels like I was raised in a barn and also suffer from premature memory loss.
He's called me 3 times to tell me this.
At this point I may leave them behind just to witness the mini-meltdown that will occur when I arrive.
But everyone is getting pumped about the trip, and to spend the week with all my nieces pretty much makes my day.  Yes, I will spoil them.  As I should.

As far as working out goes, I may hit the gym once or twice while I'm there, but right now I'm just planning to do some cardio each day.  My body is pretty damn tired right now.  Taking a week off of lifting may be good...physically,...and mentally.  My brain just needs a break from life right now, so the timing of this is perfect.  Its been about 2 years since I've taken a full week off, so needless to say I hope the sand in the crotch of my swimsuit will be my biggest issue in the next 10 days.  I can handle that.

Ok, back to the grind....the afternoon awaits, and my anticipation for 4pm coffee is beyond normal levels.  I think my mouth just started watering.  Pretty sad....

No comments:

Post a Comment