Sunday, March 1, 2015

Eat, Sleep, Workout, Sleep,...Sleep,...Eat...

I'm taking my narcoleptic tendencies to a new level....I've had a disgusting total of 15 naps in the last 6 days.
For all those times in kindergarten when I refused to sleep on my germ-infested red and blue mat,...I curse myself.  Life is getting me back.
And the sad truth is that I could easily fall asleep again right now.  I completely judge myself.

I honestly think most of it has to do with my training phase.  I'm lifting as heavy as possible, going high intensity on my cardio, and probably doing the most volume I've ever done in one training phase.  I'm loving it, but am totally wiped out.  If it wasn't for having my carbs through the roof and taking yams to the face like its my job, I'm not sure I'd make it through the workouts.  Well, I would but just with a few other choice words and perhaps some tears.
Side note: one should never cry in spandex.  (Its an unwritten life rule).
So here I am marinading in my fatigue for a bit and longing for a massage, more naps, and an inject-able form of coffee...
Also related, I broke my iced coffee maker this week.  Yes, it was catastrophic and I wanted to cry.  I mourned for a few days and wept through a few improvised cups with ice and regular Joe, but it was like giving a child the off-brand Cherrios.  "Toasted Rounds" just sounds as horrible as throwing 5 ice cubes in searing coffee and praying for the best.
...Congrats, you're now a questionable parent for lying to your child and I'm a questionable human being for lying to myself.
Life is once again not fair...

In other news, its been an awesome week with clients.  My ladies are stepping up in major ways.  From hitting new PR's on lifts, to fearlessly trying things they haven't done in years.
Its awesome and I applaud them.
But I have to send some special appreciation out to my lady Lynn.  At 76 years old, she is a pistol and constantly wants to improve.  I love it. 
And the other day she made me laugh so hard I nearly choked.
There we were in the middle of a set working on balance, when she looks up at my co-worker doing tricep dips with chains hanging over his shoulders.  Its a common way to add weight to most any body-weight exercise, but apparently suggested a little more to Lynn...
"Meredith, that looks like something from 50 Shades of Grey,..."
I nearly died.
I am generally prepared for anything that comes out of peoples mouths (including my own), but this one caught me off guard. Before I knew it, she was giving her full synopsis of the book series.  Suddenly I imagined if I were analyzing this with my own grandmother, and then quickly realized I envied her candidness.  Not that I shy away from bluntness myself, but that at 76 years old she lacked no wit, guts, and pure honesty.
Beautiful.
...and no, I will never look at those chains the same again...
Cheers to you, Lynn.

* * *

Big week ahead.  I'm cramming in 6 days worth of clients into 3, and then have a mini-vacation planned.  Me and my Yankee-man are headed south for a few days :)
He will officially get a dose of the Parkers, and thus never be the same.
My thinking is that if I haven't managed to offend or scare the crap out of him, neither will Sparkles or the rest of the crew.
At this point its almost a challenge.....Of course I accept.
...pictures and stories to come...

Well, its about that time.
My 24 hour break is almost over and then its back to the grind.  The to-do list is eying me like the last biscuit, and I'm 5 seconds from a panic attack or complete OCD domination of check boxes to complete.
Yes, its a love/hate relationship that I keep coming back to in utter denial that its more love than hate.  Ehhh...

So here's to a new week folks!  Make it amazing.  Do great things.  Stop wasting time and MOVE.  Go be your beautiful self...










No comments:

Post a Comment