Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sweet Salem...

Well, I just managed to leave my mark on the PT table in the back. 
It was an impromptu post-workout nap, and I ended up face down practically in a coma for about 30 minutes.  I was having a lazy moment because I honestly didn't want to take a shower. 
...suddenly I feel the need to explain...
It is not that I am striving for an unsanitary award or simply trying to conserve water (although that sounds good),...showers just feel like too much effort sometimes.   
The physically act of peeling off sweaty spandex is a workout in itself, and by 1:30 in the afternoon I'm more apt to say screw it, smell horrible for 30 more minutes, and catch a nap.  Mainly because once I'm asleep I am completely unaware of my filth.
See what I did there?...
;)

What an eventful week in the Parker family.
The little fetus with a penis has arrived safe and soundly into the world.  It was awesome to see that little guy at the hospital, despite the fact that every time I walk into the birthing center I am overwhelmed by the smell of baby butt and breast milk.  Thankfully, the family's excitement distracts me from a complete dry-heaving spell.  That would be good for no one.
Long story short, it was a wonderful time on the 5th floor with all the Parkers gathered.  Amazingly, we didn't get kicked out.....even when I attempted to "ride" some contraption in the hallway.  I still have yet to know what it was....and my hip hurts...

Salem James Parker....ah, I am already smitten by this hunk of a baby.  My duties of being an Aunt have begun: total spoilage.  I like to think I am mastering this art.

Mom, dad, baby, and sisters are all doing great and are home now,...let the chaos of 3 children begin!  Honestly, I have no clue how my parents did it without medication and straight jackets.
Not to say they were perfect,...I mean, I was left at practice or school a few times, but maybe that was a survival test. 
Passed.  Slightly traumatized, but still a pass.
But in all seriousness they gave everything and I couldn't ask for greater parents...well, I could, but I'd rather ask for random shirtless pop-ups of Channing Tatum on Instagram.
Its the small things...

Well, back to the grind.
An afternoon of clients, dinner with a friend, and then up by 4 to do it all over again.  Wooo!  Life is a beautiful mess...hang on tight and pack a cup...



No comments:

Post a Comment