Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Forgotten Skippy and Lonely Pam

It is an absolutely gorgeous day in the city.
Clear blue sky, light breeze, and thank God low humidity.  After Monday morning I was fairly certain I would die at the hands of humidity.  In theory I should be used to the sauna-like feeling, but people forget that in the south we go from our air conditioned homes, to an air conditioned car, to another air conditioned building, and that 20 second walk between each may be the longest 20 seconds of our life, but we endure because we are tough, but mainly because sweet freon awaits...
All that to say that waiting on the subway platform in 95 degrees is equivalent of waiting in a heated port-a-Jon,...without the momentary relief when your pants drop.
So cheers to a cooler day with a breeze.
...its the small things.

The last two weeks have been quite the grind since our return from Florida.
Vacation was absolutely wonderful,....sleeping in past 4am,...reading books,...taking naps,...laying by the pool,...it was pretty much exactly what we needed.  I'm sure my clients were ready for me to tone it down a notch.  God bless them.  Ha

The return flight was not exactly what I needed, and I basically left any sanity I gained from that trip right there in the Tampa airport...
It started out as a normal trek through security: shoes off, put your mess in the bin, wait for the person in front of you to realize the line is moving before glaring at them and their 3 bins, hands in the air, and then grab and go.
Well, my grab-n-go part wasn't exactly that.  They grabbed my bags and said they needed to do a full search.  Ok fine, its 6am, at this point you argue with no one only because its 6am and no one in their right mind has enough energy to do so.
Not even me...and I was on my 3rd cup of coffee.
So I stepped aside as they pulled out my jar of peanut butter and explained it was over 3 ounces and had to go.  Fine.  Take my peanut butter deliciousness if you must.
Side note: if I were to try and sneak something on a plane, it would definitely be peanut butter. 
...But I did later find out peanut butter is often used to smuggle drugs.
A little warning about this would have been nice before some stranger is man handling my skippy.

Next thing I know they are literally pulling every. single. thing. out of my luggage.  The game of tetris I had to play to get all that crap to fit was now going up in flames and my underwear was being exposed to all of Tampa travelers.
Awesome.
Then I'm asked to step aside for a full pat-down.
Here we go...
The woman spoke so fast I could hardly keep up, and all I caught were a few words here and there about the back of her hand, inseam, and breasts.  Again, it was 6am, I blacked out right after my skippy was confiscated.

She did ask if I'd prefer this little checking-for-hidden-needles ordeal in a private room.....as if it would be more comfortable behind closed doors with a stranger,
Ummm, no thanks...I'd prefer to be completely violated in front of as many people as possible.  Lets just get the full effect.
So there I was,....suitcase open, clothes out, peanut butter gone, and one squeeze away from a total mammogram.
30 minutes later I managed to somewhat reorganize my suitcase and regain some decency to face the world.  It was not pretty, but it would work.

The story doesn't end there.
By this time on a scale from 1 to totally crazy/irritated, I was a solid 8....Alanis Morissette status.  Like, be carfeul I might be tired but I might just go nuts on you type thing.
But I had all my things and was ready to board.  I roll my carry-on and whats left of my dignity up to the gate when Pam smiles and stops me.  Ahh!!  What?!
My bag was too big.  By literally an inch.
An inch.
She wanted to check it and I could go to baggage claim in NY.  At that moment I felt like Ben Stiler in Meet The Parents when he has death grip on his bag and threatens the flight attendant to take it.
That was me.
Chris looked at me like Oh dear God she's gonna blow. 
Pam couldn't stop smiling....ugh Pam stop it with your rules and positivity!! 

....As my bag was taken and I was led to the plane, I concluded 3 things from my experience:
1. Peanut Butter is not always worth fighting for
2. Refrain from sarcasm during your pat-down,..it is not funny to the stranger who's hand is on your inseam
3. Pam made zero friends that day


The smell of hot sewer welcomed me back, and I was ready to roll. 
NYC, hello beautiful...


****Exciting news to come on next post!!!


 

1 comment:

  1. THE MAJORITY HAS NEVER BEEN RIGHT BY STEVE FINNELL

    When the subject of Christianity has been debated the majority has never been right.

    The majority of first century Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah.---The majority has never been right.

    John 4:25, 26 The woman said to Him. "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things."
    26 Jesus said to her. "I who speak to you am He."(NKJV)

    The majority of world rejects Jesus as the only Savior.---The majority has never been right.

    Acts 4:10-12 ...the name of Jesus Christ.....12 "Nor is there no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."(NKJV)

    The majority of those who claim to be Christians believe the false doctrine of original sin. They believe that because Adam and Eve sinned that all men are guilty of spiritual sin at birth. They believe in inherited sin.---The majority has never been right.

    Ezekiel 18:20 "The soul that sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. (NKJV)

    No man has inherited the guilt of Adam. Men will face spiritual death because of their own sins.

    Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned---(NKJV)

    Death spread to all men because all men have sinned.

    The majority of those who claim Jesus as Savior believe that modes of water baptism are sprinkling and pouring---The majority has never been right.

    Mark 16:16 Whoever trusts and is immersed will be saved; whoever does not trust will be condemned. (Complete Jewish Bible)
    Mark 16:16 He who has believed, and has been immersed, will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (The Better Version of the New Testament by Chester Estes)

    There are no translations that translate Mark 16:16 as such, "He who believes and has been sprinkled or poured shall be saved."---The majority has never been right.

    The majority of Baptist believe that water baptism is not essential to the forgiveness of sins and that once you are saved you can never be lost---The majority of Baptists have never been right.

    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(NKJV)
    Galatians 5:1-4.....you have fallen from grace.(NKJV)

    The majority of those who claim to be Christian believe that their church denomination is the final authority when it comes to faith and practice of the Christian faith---The majority has never been right.

    The word of God found in the Bible and the Bible alone is not only the final authority, but the only authority for mankind.

    THE MAJORITY WILL NOT BE GOING TO HEAVEN

    Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.(NKJV)

    If the majority were always right there would be many who find life eternal, however---The majority has never been right.

    Luke 13:23-24 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, 24 "Strive to enter the narrow gate for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.(NKJV)


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com








    Posted by Steve Finnell at 8:11 AM No comments:
    Email This
    BlogThis!
    Share to Twitter
    Share to Facebook
    Share to Pinterest

    ReplyDelete