Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tears and Beers...

6 days until New York.

The reality of the change ahead has yet to hit me. 
Despite the fact that I've cried with numerous clients over the last 2 weeks, I still predict I'll wake up on October 3rd in my 400sq ft box and think holy crap...
Silver lining: the walk to the coffee went from 75 steps to 4.  Its the little things.

No, I am not fully packed.  I gutted by closet of 6 garbage bags full of clothes, and still managed to fill several large boxes to take with me.  What a hoarder....I judge myself....(for about 2 seconds, lets be honest).
And the apartment situation has been a roller coaster to say the least.  I may be sleeping on a treadmill at the gym...or floor.  Not the first time.
Its been applications, fees, forms, money, and practically sending a urine sample to get approved. 
I have no shame, I would have overnighted it in a zip-lock.  
Thank God for my broker.  I think we've become best friends in the last 2 weeks, and constantly joke about going out for drinks once this ordeal is over.  Only, after 6 hours worth of texts, emails, and phone calls on Saturday, we are no longer kidding.  The day I arrive you will find us sitting side by side on bar stools, exhausted, and serenading each other to Journey ballads.
I owe him a shot.
And maybe a kidney.

Ah Gary,...thank you my dear friend...

Yes, its been an emotional week/weeks.  Friday night was my Send-off party hosted at a clients' house, and all day I'd reminisced on my 9+ years at ActivEdge.  I jokingly told them I know they came just to watch their trainer drink booze and cry....hello normal Friday night.
Kidding.
I like to save the tears for Saturday morning.  Spread them out.  Enjoy them.
Ok, that's an exaggeration too.  I can't formulate tears in the morning.  I'm a zombie in need of caffeine and anxiety meds.  The only time I may let them flow is if either of those things suddenly vanishes at 4am.
In that case, you will see me on the news...

In all seriousness, I was absolutely floored by the love, encouragement, and kind words of those who came.  There is no way I can truly articulate my appreciation.
I am grateful for those transparent moments.
...for the opportunity to push and empower souls.
...for those who allowed me to pull them away from themselves, and direct them forward into the unknown.
...for the laughs, tears, and victories accomplished in the gym,...only to see them transcend beyond.
...for the inspiring stories that push me, and call forth my best as a trainer, friend, daughter, sister, aunt, etc
I could go on.
What I have learned in my time at ActivEdge drives me.  It leaves me constantly assessing where I am and where I want to go.  The opportunity to reach an array of people and open their eyes to their own potential is, without a doubt, one of the greatest gifts.
I value this beyond words.
It is a venue for growth, change, and ultimately a renewed sense of self, strength, and ability to overcome.  For me to be a part of that, has certainly changed my own life and challenged me to seek improvement...daily.
Thank you.

Saying goodbye stings...its hard to step away from the journeys I've co-traveled for years and onto a foreign path.  But I remain grateful for the time we've shared and take what I've learned to the next chapter in NYC. 
Perhaps it is accurate to say I will leave with a heavy and yet fulfilled heart.  ActivEdge is a home to me.  A family, and remains a huge piece of who I am and where my story began....

Love.  You.  All.

A few pics from the party...














No comments:

Post a Comment