Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CHUG CHUG CHUG!!

Boy was I tired this morning.  Staying up past 10 last night proved to be a dumb idea...shocker.  I was driving to work pretty sure that the guy behind me thought I'd been drinking.  At that point, the only thing I was taking to the face was my smooth, beautiful, protein-infused coffee.  Sucking it down like a pixie stick.  Some old school 50 cent blaring and my hot 12 ounces, and my day was off to a rolling start...
Every time I hear a 50 cent song I think about my sophomore year in college...and more specifically face-planting at this house party when I slipped on spilled beer.  The best part was that I did it as I was stepping out the door...so not only did the people inside get to see me eat floor, but I also gave a show for the people outside as well.  Again, you're welcome...

Today I was pretty pressed for time...I had quite a bit to get done during my workout time before my next client.  Legs, back, and biceps.  It was like a weight room death wish.  I started with back because I knew that bodyweight wide grip pull-ups would most likely not happen after an entire leg workout.  I kept my rest time to 45 seconds between sets...which is tough on power/strength days.  Its only enough time for me to suck some wind, curse, and wonder how in the world I am capable of sweating through dry-fit shorts within 15 minutes of starting a workout.  Mind-boggling.  I went for sets of 15-20 on legs, and mixed things up a bit from my normal routine.  It went well, but I can definitely tell I've lost some strength in my legs...not surprising.

Workout:
WG pull-ups 4 x 8-10
Lat pull-down 3 x 6-8
Seated cable row 3 x 6-8
BB row/ss rear flys 3 x 8 each
Leg press 3 x 15
Step-ups 3 x 15 each leg
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 15
Leg extensions 3 x 20
Glute raise on ball 3 x 15
Standing BB curl 4 x 8-10
Alternating DB curls (drop set) 3 x 8 each weight

Overall, decent lift today.

Had a couple of former athletes stop by to say hello today.  I immediately felt old....to be at a job long enough to watch students go from a junior in high school, all the way through college, and now finding a career for themselves.  Holy crap, I will soon be in depends, eating oatmeal through a straw, and going to bed at 7.  Hell, all I need is the diaper and I'm practically there.  It was great to see these guys more grown up, finding their way, and ultimately starting to discover that the world does not revolve around boobies.  Ok, fine, only partly true.  Seriously though, it means a lot when these kids, (I should say adults), cycle back around and stop in to see us.  Just as much as we teach and strive to influence them, they certainly impact us.  If anything, training a group of teenagers on a regular basis is excellent birth control.  And when they're in RARE form, I'm pretty much ready to sign up for the earliest hysterectomy possible.  Only kidding...sort of...they are awesome and keep me laughing constantly :)

New food love: egg whites, ground turkey, spinach, vanilla extract, and a spoonful of cottage cheese...whisk, pour in muffin tin, and bake for 30 mins.  LOVE IT.  Its been a great alternative to my oatmeal the past few days.  Brian and them make fun of the stuff I eat because it often looks like vomit.  Ok, fine, I get it.  But this is coming from a man who will make these "green" smoothies with kale, spinach, banana, blah blah blah...it looks like diarrhea in a bottle.  No kidding.  It might taste ok, but I literally feel like I'm on Jackass about to drink #3.  I'll pass, and stick to my vomit...thanks...

Ok, time for bed.  I am exhausted...early day coming tomorrow.  Night folks!

1 comment:

  1. I had to scroll back through your previous posts to find the info on this "recipe." Call me crazy, but they actually looked really good to me. Technically you could call me crazy without me saying that, but they really did look good. What are the actual measurements? Did you make them in a muffin pan? Pretty much anything with cottage cheese is a go for me. That and peanut butter...yummm...

    ReplyDelete